Summer Internship opportunity for Women of Color in STEM: Application deadline March 31, 2023
URA-Fermilab Undergraduate Women in STEM Internship Program
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Where: Batavia, Illinois, United States (on-site)
Who: Women science and engineering undergraduate students from under-represented groups (American Indian/Alaska Native, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinos, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders)
What: The S&T portfolio of Fermilab covers the research areas of Particle Physics, Accelerators and Detectors, Applied Physics and Superconducting Technology, Computational Science/Artificial Intelligence, and Emerging Technologies, in support of the following projects: LBNF/DUNE US, PIP-II, HL-LHC AUP & CMS, Mu2e, Superconducting Quantum Materials and Systems (SQMS).
10 weeks between June and August 2023, at Fermilab working under the direct leadership, guidance, and supervision of Fermilab scientists, engineers, computing professionals, technicians, and staff across all laboratory directorates performing hands-on research. In addition, the cohort will meet with mentors and advisors to grow their professional networks, take part in engaging and inclusive intellectual discussions, directly benefit from the laboratory resources and participate in professional development and social engagement activities.
- Women science and engineering majors from under-represented groups (American Indian/Native, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinos, Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders)
- Academic disciplines: All Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science
- Enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at a U.S. institution of higher education located in the U.S. or its territories
- Juniors and seniors not graduating prior to December 2023
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR)
Check the Internship Details for salary stipend, housing, transportation and other important details!