The University of Minnesota MRSEC will provide up to 25 full-time summer research positions to undergraduate students during the summer of 2023 Program Benefits:
- $6000 stipend; food, on-campus housing, and travel paid
- $1000 research supply fund
- Independent research project
- Professional development activities: oral and poster presentation practice, scientific ethics, seminar series, graduate application instruction
- Hands-on access to shared instrumentation facilities
- Visits to industrial partners and academic/national labs
- Travel grants for post-participation conference attendance
- Exposure to a wide variety of research projects and diverse participants
Program Dates: June 5 – August 11, 2023.
Application Deadline: Feb. 15, 2023.
This program is open to undergraduate students in all science and engineering majors*, including (but not limited to):
- Chemical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Materials science and engineering
- Mechanical engineering
Underrepresented and multicultural students are strongly encouraged to apply, including (but not limited to):
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latinx
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Veteran of the US Armed Forces, Reserves, or National Guard
Students in all STEM majors are encouraged to apply. *All participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the US or US territories. View additional information and applications for all of our programs.
If you have any questions, please contact: Phil Engen Education & Outreach Director Materials Research Science & Engineering Center University of Minnesota