What is EuroScholars?
EuroScholars is a unique, research-intensive study abroad program designed for talented and advanced undergraduate students. The program combines a study abroad experience with the opportunity to join a research team and participate in an ongoing investigation at an internationally renowned European research university.
In this program you will…
- Choose an academic research project from a variety of fields within the participating institutions.
- Gain hands-on research experience at one of Europe’s top institutions, under the direct supervision of professors and other academic staff.
- Collaborate and share experiences with other like-minded students.
- Document your research in a paper of publishable quality.
- Develop professionally as you explore research as a long-term career option.
- Advance your intercultural and scholarly communication skills.
Academic Structure & Project Options
The EuroScholars academic structure is customizable per student, based on qualifying coursework and experience.
Your semester will be transcripted as a full-time semester workload. A maximum of 30 ECTS credits are included in the program,
with a minimum of 18 ECTS devoted to research. Once accepted to a project, you will complete the EuroScholars Learning Agreement to outline your course configuration for the semester.
Program Cost: Spring/Fall 2020
9975€ per semester + $500 administration fee
Please Note: The USD program price will be set each semester based on a current exchange rate.
- Admissions advising and pre-departure support.
- Tuition at the host university.
- Housing in an approved university facility. An additional housing security deposit may be required from students.
- An orientation at the host campus and on-site support throughout the semester.
- Research project supervision.
- All students will be automatically enrolled in international medical insurance by ISA. A description of coverage is available on the ISA website. Please note that some countries will require students to purchase additional coverage for visa purposes.
- During the semester a Mid-Stay Program will be organized for all EuroScholars students at one of the host institutions. Travel and lodging expenses for students traveling to attend the Mid-Stay program are covered. The Mid-Stay program will consist of an academic portion, in which students will present their research findings up to that point of the semester, as well as social activities around the host city.
EuroScholars is looking for independent, mature, and motivated undergraduate students with a strong interest in an academic and/or research career.
A minimum GPA of 3.4 is required. Research experience is not required; however, natural science students should have ample academic experience in a laboratory setting. Students must obtain approval by both the host and home university.
View brochure below for information about how to apply!