Team-Mentored Interdisciplinary Research Experiences in Chemistry for Early-Stage Undergraduates
This program offers interdisciplinary research experiences at the forefront of the chemical sciences. Although our faculty research groups are grounded in “traditional” areas of chemistry (analytical, inorganic, organic, physical, biochemistry), most of their research projects cross boundaries between these areas.
A unique aspect of our REU program is that all projects will involve collaboration between two or more research groups, including both experimental and computational researchers.
Career program involving career-active researchers at major international chemical companies and tours of local companies to learn how chemistry plays a role in the economy.
Hands-on learning experiences and training in scientific communication and research ethics.
- Students who will not have earned their Bachelor’s degree
- prior to the program end date are eligible to apply.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants should not be current students at the University of North Texas.
- $6,000 stipend.
- Up to $2,000 conference travel allowance.
- Accommodation at UNT for 10 weeks (May 21 – July 29, 2023)
Application deadline March 8, 2023
Contact REU Program Coordinators at: email@example.com