This 6-month internship opportunity is suitable for graduating seniors or others wishing to take time off from Carleton to get experience in a startup. It was sent to us by Bill Galush (’02).
Location: South San Francisco, CA Type: Internship to Full Time Min. Experience: Entry Level
An Early Dose of Drug Discovery
Introducing Achaogen’s first research internship program, specifically designed to help develop early-career scientists and introduce them to the world of drug discovery and biotechnology. It offers students opportunities to contribute to meaningful projects and work side-by-side with scientists and biotech experts.
Research Internship Program
We offer 6 month full-time internships that gives students the opportunities to obtain valuable hands-on research experience and to solve real-world, complex scientific problems. Internships are paid and start in June of every year.
We are recruiting interns for the following areas across the research organization:
- Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK)
- Assay Development and Screening
- Therapeutic Antibody Discovery
- Target Biology
- Opportunity to work on challenging and fun research projects
- Presentation of end-of-internship project findings to the research management and scientific teams
- Networking opportunities
- Social events
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a BS/MS science related degree at an accredited institution. Majors in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Immunology and other Biological Sciences are highly desired
- We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate students with strong communication, collaboration, critical thinking and hands-on laboratory skills
- To qualify for the internship, you must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins
- All internships are paid, so you must be legally authorized to work in the United States during the entire length of the internship.
Applying to the Achaogen Research Internship Program
Interested candidates can apply by submitting their curriculum vitae and a letter of intent by March 31, 2018 to Malavika Kannuswamy, Associate Director, Head of Research Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org, with cc: email@example.com