Summer Research Programs
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- American Indian Fellowships
- Faculty-Student Team Fellowships
The University of Minnesota MRSEC will provide up to 25 full-time summer research positions to undergraduate students during the summer of 2018.
- $5000 stipend; food, housing, and travel paid
- $1000 research supply fund
- Independent research project
- Professional development activities: oral and poster presentation practice, scientific ethics, GRE prep, seminar series
- Hands-on access to world-class instrumentation facilities
- Visits to industrial partners and academic/national labs
- Travel grants for post-participation conference attendance
- Exposure to wide variety of research projects and diverse participant base
Program Dates: June 4 – August 10, 2018.
Application Deadline: Feb. 15, 2018
Participating Departments: Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
Students in all STEM majors are encouraged to apply.
Additional information and applications for all of our programs can be found on our web site at http://www.mrsec.umn.edu/ehr/#summer.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Education & Outreach Director
Materials Research Science & Engineering Center
University of Minnesota