The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Energy Storage Internship Program offers 10-week, hands-on, practical internships at U.S. national laboratories. Participants will conduct research related to the development of newer chemistries, battery designs, and manufacturing processes needed to usher in changes in energy storage.
Why should I apply?
As a participant in the EERE Energy Storage Internship Program, you will gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent, and skills to research and development projects focused on energy storage. You will be under the guidance of a mentor who is a technical staff scientist or an engineer at a national laboratory. You will be able to establish connections with DOE scientists and subject matter experts that will promote long-term relationships between yourself, researchers, and DOE.
- Stipends: Undergraduate students receive a $600 per week stipend. Graduate students and postgraduate students receive a $750 per week stipend.
- Housing Allowance: $150 per week for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility
- Inbound/Outbound Travel Reimbursement: Up to $1,000 to/from assigned location for interns whose home location is more than 50 miles from the hosting facility
- U.S. citizenship
- Be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2020.
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Recent graduate: Have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree in the past two years in a discipline related to energy storage.
- Undergraduate student: Be enrolled as a full-time student as a junior or senior at a U.S. accredited college or university during winter/spring 2020 and be pursuing a degree in a discipline related to energy storage.
- Graduate student: Be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at a U.S. accredited college or university during winter/spring 2020 and be pursuing a degree in a discipline related to energy storage.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/EERE-2020-EnergyStorage
The application and letter of recommendation are due March 3, 2020, 5:00 PM EST.
For more information
Contact us at DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov.