Our “Sensing and assembly based on non-covalent interactions” REU program funded by NSF is currently seeking applications from students that are interested in conducting research during the summer. This program will provide the participating REU students an extensive 9-week summer Chemistry and Biochemistry research experience (May 30 – July 30, 2022) at The University of Southern Mississippi (USM). This program will also provide professional trainings and workshops and conclude with a research symposium. The application deadline is March 1, 2022.
- $5,500 stipend.
- Housing in USM dormitory provided.
- Travel assistance will be available to help defray the cost of traveling to Hattiesburg.
Who should apply:
- Participants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Current undergraduate students who have completed at least their freshman year but have not graduated, majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field.
- Strong academic record with a desire to conduct research; GPA > 2.8.
- Students from underrepresented groups in STEM (women, NSF-defined underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities) and students from community colleges or other academic institutions with limited research opportunities, are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information and application details, please visit: https://www.usm.edu/mathematics-natural-sciences/chem_reu.php
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.