2022 Research Opportunities at Carleton
Though we of course are not certain that public health considerations will allow on-campus research to proceed this summer, as of now we hope that we will be able to offer research opportunities to students in the chemistry faculty members’ laboratories. With that in mind, we have put together a document and a presentation with additional details regarding what our plans for on-campus research at Carleton will look like this summer and how to apply. View a recording of the brief presentation about summer research from Friday, January 14. The video covers some basic information about research in the department and each faculty member who is taking students provides a brief description of their lab’s research. Enjoy!
More information about the research opportunities available this summer can be found in the Department’s Summer Research Document and in the video descriptions below
Resources for Carleton programs
- Kolenkow-Reitz Fellowships
- Summer Break Application Deadline: tbd.
- Funds you to work in a specific lab/program off campus. You must have a connection with a PI in order to apply.
- Career Center Internship Funding
- Deadlines listed on their website
Research Opportunities at Other Colleges and Universities
Information from the presentation Fall term Friday, November 12, 2021.
Since we don’t know what the Summer of 2022 will look like, we encourage you to apply to many programs!
There are literally hundreds of undergraduate research opportunities at various colleges and universities throughout the country. Many of these are open to general application from any undergraduate, even if you are not enrolled at their institution. The range of research areas in also enormous.
If you have a specific research interest, it is very likely that a research opportunity exists that you are eligible to apply for. Check out some of the links listed below to begin your search. There are many announcements posted in the Weekly Beaker, click the categories tab on the right for Summer Research. Volume 25 contains opportunities for Summer of 2022.
Databases of Off-Campus Research Opportunities
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
- American Chemical Society Listing of Research Experiences, Internships, and Co-ops in Chemistry and Related Fields
- UROP, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program: a general listing of many nation-wide undergraduate research opportunities maintained by the University of California, Irvine
- The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Cientifico Latino, Changing the Next Generation of STEM (go to High School/Undergraduates | Summer Research Database)