Research Opportunities at Carleton
Information regarding Summer 2020 on-campus research including research opportunities and the procedure for applying can be found here.
Chemistry faculty will be holding open sessions to discuss their research at the times listed below. If you are unable to attend one of the sessions, please feel free to contact the faculty members whose work interests you to schedule an individual appointment.
- Alberg/Hofmeister January 28 8:00-9:00 in Anderson 36 and February 5 8:00-9:00 in Anderson 323
- Calderone January 16 12:00-1:00 and January 31 11:00-12:00 in Hulings 215A
- Chihade January 23 12:00-1:00 and January 29 4:30-5:30 in Hulings 215A
- Drew Contact Professor Drew directly to schedule a meeting
- Gross January 31 12:00-1:00 in Anderson 210
- Kohen January 17 2:00-3:00 and January 21 1:30-2:30 in Anderson 241
- Whited January 22 4:15-5:15 in Anderson 323
Resources for Carleton programs
- Kolenkow-Reitz Fellowships
- Deadline: 5:00 PM on Friday, February 21, 2020
- Funds you to work in a specific lab/program off campus. You must have a connection with a PI in order to apply.
- Career Center Internship Funding
- Deadlines listed on their website
Research Opportunities at Other Colleges and Universities
See information from the presentation Fall term Friday, November 15, 2019.
There are literally hundreds of undergraduate research opportunities at various colleges and universities throughout the country. Many of these are open to general application from any undergraduate, even if you are not enrolled at their institution. The range of research areas in also enormous.
If you have a specific research interest, it is very likely that a research opportunity exists that you are eligible to apply for. Check out some of the links listed below to begin your search. There are also paper copies of many announcements posted in the hallway of the Chemistry Department office.
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
- American Chemical Society Listing of Research Experiences, Internships, and Co-ops in Chemistry and Related Fields
- CIRRUS, Chemistry Internet Resource for Research by Undergraduate Students
- UROP, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program: a general listing of many nation-wide undergraduate research opportunities maintained by the University of California, Irvine
- The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- American Chemical Society, Directory of Graduate Research (Click on the REU Search link)