The Chapel’s organ was built into the new chapel by the J. W. Steere and Son Organ Company of Springfield, MA at a cost of $22,000. It was dedicated on October 9, 1916 to Emily Willey Skinner, who gave the money for building of the Chapel in memory of her husband, Miron Winslow Skinner. A leading organist of the time, W. Lynnwood Farnam of Boston, played the dedication recital. The Steere organ was unusual during that time for its size and use of electricity (much of MN did not have electricity then). The organ was renovated in 1952 by the M. P. Moller Organ Company of Hagerstown, MD.
The Chapel’s new HVAC system installed in 2015 meant that renovations of the organ would be long lasting due to better temperature and humidity control. The Rutz Organ Company of Morristown, MN completed major renovations in 2018, including a new electronic carillon. The organ was rededicated on September 29, 2019, with a concert by Matthew O’Sullivan of Bozeman, MT, sponsored by the Rutz Organ Company, the Carleton Music Department and Office of the Chaplain. Along with modern pieces, O’Sullivan played two pieces included in the 1916 dedication of the organ.
The Chapel chimes were also restored and can again be heard daily just before noon.