Supporting Inclusivity at Carleton
Community, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (CEDI) is one of the formal ways Carleton upholds our statement of diversity and creates a welcoming, inclusive environment for all.
What CEDI Does
We support the Carleton community through assessing campus climate needs and ideas, providing feedback on and support for diversity efforts, and initiating new projects to address the diversity and inclusion priorities and needs of the campus. One of CEDI’s key responsibilities is to monitor emerging issues and help the community respond in proactive ways.
CEDI assists in promoting initiatives in each of the following areas:
- Educate talented and diverse students
- Create opportunities to encounter difference
Supporting Academic Community
- Foster diversity of thought
- Attract and retain diverse faculty, staff, and students
Supporting Community Relationships
- Support underrepresented groups
- Create and affirm a culture of respect
- Provide a safe living and learning environment
How We Do It
CEDI operates primarily through its Leadership Board and in collaboration with other campus organizations. The Leadership Board then reports progress regularly to the College Council and Tuesday Group and annually to the campus in the form of an annual report.