The CArtT Committee is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of funding for collaborative projects in the arts and technology:
- Jay Beck, Cinema and Media Studies, to revise the course CAMS 265: Sound Design to accommodate a 5.1 workflow.
- Andy Flory and Andrea Mazzariello, Music, to explore and refine the use of the Carleton Electroacoustic Lab.
- Judith Howard, Theater and Dance, to revise, enhance, and innovate the course THEA 320: Live Performance and Digital Media.
- Laska Jimsen, Cinema and Media Studies, to support technology-rich production on her project Unless the Names are Known to You; to revise the new technology module in CAMS 370; and to support a campus visit from guest artist Jason Coyle.
- Laska Jimsen, Jay Beck, Paul Bernhardt, and Dann Hurlbert, Cinema and Media Studies and Information Technology Services, to purchase a Flanders monitor for the Idea Lab finishing room and to support staff training for DaVinci Resolve software.
- Andrea Mazzariello, Music, to work with composer and guest artist Eric Cha-Beach of So Percussion.
- Bill North, History, to support programming related to a visit from Capella Romana and their project Lost Voices of Hagia Sophia, which focuses on the techniques and goals of acoustic reconstruction of historic soundscapes.
- Danny Saathoff, Art and Art History, to purchase a 3D printer, related software and equipment to enhance the casting curriculum.