The Career Center is pleased to announce that we have some modest resources available to support student travel to interviews, non-academic professional conferences and other professional travel.
Carleton-sponsored events that already include funding or transportation are not eligible for further grant funding. Grant funding through the Career Center is not available for expenses related to academic research or coursework/comps. Test taking expenses are also not eligible.
- Awards will be made based upon direct relevance to a students intended career path
- Preference will be giving to students demonstrating financial need
- Funding will be awarded on a rolling basis until funding is depleted
- Awards will be limited to $500 per student, per year
- Only rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible for these funds. (Note: seniors may request funds IF they will be done with their conference BEFORE graduation.)
- Following the travel, funding recipients will be asked to write an short essay about their experience. The essay will be shared with stewardship so that the donor(s) may learn about the impact of the funding. Essays should be turned in to Sarah Rechtzigel within two weeks of the experience.
Please reach out to Sarah Rechtzigel with any additional questions.