Working in the US after Graduation

If you are an international student who is interested in working in the United States after graduation, there are many resources to assist you in the process. First, if you are interested in looking for companies that will consider sponsoring H-1B visas, you can use GoinGlobal’s H1B Plus tool.

GoinGlobal has an extensive and comprehensive dataset dating all the way back to 2009. They list the companies that have previously sponsored a H-1B visa, according to the US Department of Labor.

After You Get Your Results:

  • Export the list to have an idea of the companies with whom you can potentially apply.
  • Get an idea of the positions, companies, locations, and salaries that are available for individuals seeking a position with a H-1B visa.
  • Using the Alumni Directory, you can check whether any Carleton alumni work for the same company. If so, you could contact them to learn more about their position in the company, their career, and the details of the company.
  • Pinpoint an organization that interests you to determine their history of offering H-1B visas. Note that, while it is not a guarantee, it can be a good starting point to identify international student-friendly organizations.

Things to keep in mind:

  • You are welcome and encouraged to come to the Career Center to get help from a career coach regarding this tool, finding a job, and other career-related topics.
  • We advise you to explore around the GoinGlobal website. They provide a number of fantastic resources for students.
  • You are not alone in the search. The Career Center can help you connect with alumni, current students, and others to help you find your ideal opportunity.