Entrepreneurship is the development of a business from the ground up — coming up with an idea and turning it into a profitable business. But while the definition of entrepreneurship may be simple, its execution is much more difficult.
- Twin Cities Startup Week: An entire week of Minnesota-made innovations on display, showcasing the best from the “Startup Capital of the North.”
Carleton Alumni Entrepreneurs
- Jim Watkins ’07: Sociable Cider Werks | Minneapolis cider brewery & taproom
- Jake Phillips ’07: Prep Hoops | National leader in high school basketball rankings, recruiting information and analysis
- Jeff Lin ’98 & Cat Hernandez ’98: Bust Out Solutions, Minneapolis, MN | Custom web and mobile applications.
- Michael Groeneman ’12: Scripted.com | A network of professional copywriters
- Keagon Voyce ’12 and Dylan Gessner ’12: Metamarkets | Interactive data analytics and visualization tools