Whether you have a few hours to share or are seeking longer-term engagement, Carleton welcomes your time and expertise! Here are a few ways to get involved:
In Just a Few Minutes
- Create or update your alumni profile. This will allow students or fellow alumni to contact you when they have questions about your professional background.
- Follow Carleton on social media (we’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) and interact with us or share posts you find interesting — we’d appreciate the signal boost!
- Find your local Carleton Club and look for upcoming events where you can network with other alumni or answer questions for current and prospective students.
- Learn more about the work of Carleton affinity groups like Out After Carleton, Multicultural Alumni Network, or the ‘C’ Club varsity athletes.
Ready for a Little Responsibility
- Host an externship by bringing a student into your workplace over winter break, or volunteer to house a student while he or she completes an externship in your geographic area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Become an Alumni Annual Fund assistant agent with your own contact list. Email email@example.com to find out more.
- Host a local event for alumni, students, and prospective students who live in your area. Visit go.carleton.edu/clubs to get started.
- Email the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org about posting jobs or internships for your company or advising Carleton students on how to get a foot in the door in your organization or industry.
- Become an Alumni Admission Representative — interview prospective students on behalf of the admissions office, volunteer at a college fair, or become a resource person at your
local high school. Learn more at go.carleton.edu/volunteer.
- Plan a mini-reunion for your class. Get started at go.carleton.edu/minireunion.
- Become an Alumni Annual Fund class agent and help direct overall giving strategy for your class. Email email@example.com for details.
- Join your class’s program committee or gift committee for an upcoming Reunion. Express your interest by completing a Reunion volunteer form at go.carleton.edu/reunionhelp.
- Visit go.carleton.edu/volunteer to learn about leadership committee opportunities and explore the full range of official Carleton volunteer roles.
Interested in learning more?