Government & Nonprofit Career Fair
The Government & Nonprofit Career Fair allows candidates to pursue professional opportunities and internships in all levels of government and nonprofit agencies. Average participation is about 80 organizations. The job fair is open only to students and alumni from participating colleges and universities, including Carleton College.
University of Minnesota
Coffman Memorial Union Building, Great Hall, Ground Floor
300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Transportation provided with registration by Wednesday, October 19.
View the list of registered agencies via Handshake by visiting the event's Student Landing Page.
- After visiting the link above, click on the "All Employers" tab (additional employers will be added).
- Filter and search for agencies by various categories such as Job Types, Majors, Industry, etc.
How to prepare to get the most out of the event:
- Attend the upcoming Get Prepped for the Government & Nonprofit Career Fair session on Tuesday, October 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- Review the participating employer information prior to the event and do some initial research on each company before attending.
- Give some thought to questions that you plan to ask the employers.
- Create and practice a 30-second elevator pitch to introduce yourself to the employers.
- Update your LinkedIn profile and résumé, and bring copies of your résumé with you.
- Take notes and follow-up with the employers on any questions afterward.