The Fall Recruiting Showcase is a joint Carleton & St. Olaf event designed to help students learn about opportunities in business and to make connections with key employers in a casual, low-stakes format. It is intended for all interest levels, so even if you aren’t sure whether a career in business is for you, this is a great way to learn more directly from employers.
This event begins with employer “pitches” (2-3 minutes in length) so students can identify employers with whom they’d like to connect. In the pitches, representatives will touch upon company culture, what they look for in candidates, jobs, and internships they have available, and other interesting details about their company. During the networking session, students will be able to chat with alumni and recruiting representatives to foster deeper connections and learn about the application and interview process for the various opportunities.
Registration is required and transportation is provided by Carleton.
2022 Employers (list will continue to grow)
Ameriprise Financial | wealth management, asset management, insurance, annuities, and estate planning
Analysis Group | economic consulting for law firms, corporations, and government agencies
Best Buy | consumer products
Dev10 by Genesis 10 | software development
Dispatch Health | healthcare startup
Epic | healthcare software
J.P. Morgan Private Bank | personal financial planning, investments, banking
Optum (Consulting Development Program) | health care process, operations, product and technology consulting
Ovative Group | digital-first media and measurement firm (marketing)
Perficient | global digital consultancy covering enterprise mobile applications, creative services, marketing, digital strategy, Internet of Things, information technology, management consulting, custom development, and platform implementations
RBC Wealth Management | investment banking
Securian Financial | financial services
TigerRisk Partners | risk, capital, and strategic advisor within global insurance & reinsurance industries
Turnberry Solutions- Crew (formerly Boom Lab) | business and tech consulting
U.S. Bank | personal and consumer banking
Uproer | marketing agency specializing in SEO + SEM, partnering with e-commerce and technology companies
West Monroe | business and technology consulting, digital/IT systems
Whitecap Health Advisors | management consulting firm and healthcare technology delivery system
How to prepare to get the most out of the event:
- Watch a recorded version of the Fall Recruiting Showcase Prep Session.
- Review the participating employer information prior to the event and do some initial research on each company before attending.
- Each employer has a limited amount of time so the more research you can do in advance, the easier it will be to identify employers with which you wish to connect.
- Give some thought to questions that you plan to ask the employers.
- Create and practice a 30-second elevator pitch to introduce yourself to the employers.
- Update your LinkedIn profile and résumé, and bring copies of your résumé with you.
- Take notes and follow-up with the employers on any questions afterward.