All students must complete the OPT-IN/OPT-OUT (Waive) insurance process each year, whether opting in ($2,714.00 charge) or opting out (no charge).
International Students ARE REQUIRED to enroll in Carleton’s Student Health Insurance
Deadline: Please complete ONLINE OPT-IN/OPT-OUT (Waive) process by August 15, 2022. If you do not complete the process, the NON-REFUNDABLE premium of $2,714.00 will be automatically added to your Fall Term tuition bill.
Please consider these important issues when choosing to OPT-IN or OPT-OUT (Waive):
- Health service beyond general diagnosis and treatment of minor illness or accidents provided by Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is not included in the comprehensive fee of the College. Specifically, all labs, x-rays, most pharmaceuticals, office visits and specialist referrals at the local health clinics or hospital are billed to your insurance company.
- Many home-based HMO plans do not provide adequate coverage outside of your home area. In addition, if you are considering study abroad options, you may not be covered under your current policy.
The College strongly recommends that families, prior to declining participation in Carleton’s Student Health Plan, review their health insurance policies to ensure that their coverage provides equal or better benefits and that they are covered in the Northfield, MN area.
- 2022-2023 Insurance Company: Wellfleet
- Contact Information: 1-877-657-5030
- 2022-2023 Benefits at a Glance
Student Account Contact Information:
Student Accounting Manager