Carleton College: Creating Curricular Web buttons & graphics
First page department name graphics:
- White text with a gold line above it, on a blue (R:0,G:0,B:75)
- The text is 13pt ITC Franklin Gothic Demi.
- The easiest way to get them right is to load the PEAR gif, add your
new text and line it up correctly, then erase the PEAR text from the layer
underneath, crop the graphic horizontally, change to indexed color (See
below) and export.
- These graphics always need to be 15 pixels high in order to line up
- Save the graphics the appropriate server in the directory: /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/graphics/dept/ as DEPT.gif (note the capitalization).
Subsequent page department name graphics:
- Smaller white text with no colored line, on a blue (R:0,G:0,B:75)
- The text is 11pt ITC Franklin Gothic Demi.
- You can use the same trick as above to get them lined up.
- These graphics need to be 14 pixels high, with 1 pixel of space
above the text and 3 below the text.
- Save the graphics in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/graphics/dept/ as
DEPT2.gif (note the capitalization).
- Blue (R:0,G:0,B:75) text, 13pt ITC Franklin Gothic Demi on a white
- The text should be aligned center, and broken into 2 lines whenever
- These graphics should be 30 pixels high by 90 wide, with the text
centered vertically and horizontally. If the text has to be wider, you can
go past 90, but don't go higher than 30.
- Save the graphics in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/graphics/ as
academic-shortformofbuttonname.gif, and update the file
Converting to indexed color:
- Photoshop always tries to give you more colors than you need. All
of these graphics should be converted with these settings: Adaptive
palette, 8 colors, no dithering.
Last modified: Friday, 12-Nov-1999 14:52:51 CST
contact: Mark Heiman