This opportunity is brought to us by a Carleton parent, Monica Vela P’21, P’25. You are welcome to reach out to Monica (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the organization or the position.
Applicant must be a resident of Illinois. Applications due by March 24.
PARE (Program for Advancing Equity for Research) is a research initiative to provide highly talented and motivated junior and senior undergraduate Latinos with a rich experience in healthcare and biomedical research. This intensive 8-week summer research program aims to improve the quality of healthcare by providing students with practical knowledge of research studies and its importance in the healthcare field. Students will be paid a stipend for their participation. Dates of program are June 26-August 18.
- Complete all sections of the application
- Provide a copy of official school transcripts
- Provide one letter of recommendation from an instructor (eg. Faculty professor or advisor). Have the recommender send the signed letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete two essays located at the end of the application, submitted as a separate document.
- Provide a resume or CV
- We will formally interview finalists only
- Application deadline is March 24, 2023
PARE Eligibility & Responsibilities
- Be a resident of the state of Illinois
- Must have rising sophomore, junior or senior with a pre-medical educational goal at an accredited college/university
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA on 4.0 pt. scale)
- Must make a commitment to all eight weeks of the program
- Must attend program orientation (June 23, 2023), weekly research seminars, and complete exit interview
- Develop and present a scientific presentation and paper
- Work (research) Monday-Friday 30hrs/week