RIT is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 8th cohort of STEM Education undergraduate researchers! It’s a fantastic program, and we look forward to another great year.
Multidisciplinary Research on Student Success in STEM
The Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Science and Mathematics Educational Research Collaborative, an interdisciplinary Discipline-Based Education Research group, will host a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program this year. Accepted students will be involved in mentored-research projects in Multidisciplinary Research on Student Success in STEM at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Accepted students will be part of a vibrant community of education researchers and contribute to publishable research in STEM Education Research.
- Immersive, one-on-one mentoring to develop and carry out a STEM Education Research project
- Deep exploration of evidence-based pedagogy and inclusive classroom practices
- Participation in a dynamic learning community of STEM Education researchers and educators
- Dissemination of research results through presentations and potential future publications
- A virtual Spring-ahead session to help prepare for summer research
- A nine-week summer research program that includes workshops, professional development opportunities, and social activities
- $6,000 stipend for all students. The on-campus experience includes hosting
What previous REU participants said about their experience
I definitely felt like I had a lot of ownership in the project… I think I had the right amount of ownership with the right amount of guidance, which was really cool.
I loved Thursday reflections, that was a nice touch because it really felt like we were having these in-depth conversations… it really brought us together quickly.
I had a great relationship with my mentor… it felt really nice to know that she genuinely cared…she gave me my options as well… and then sometimes she taught me different methods as well. And so it was very helpful…she also gave me a lot of career advice, grad school advice.
Interested in the 2023 program? Apply online by February 12, 2023.