We seek a student to assist with: analyzing the crayfish life history data; graphically displaying the results; and writing a manuscript for submission to a scientific journal. They will be involved in the following research activities:
- Read scientific papers about crayfish life history
- Analyze and graph life history data
- Lead or participate in writing a manuscript,
- Opportunity Title: USFS Analysis and Interpretation of Crayfish Life History
- Data Research Opportunity
The intern will learn about crayfish biology, ecology, and life history. They will gain experience in analyzing life history data and crafting the results into a scientific manuscript. The intern could potentially be co-lead or junior author on one peer-reviewed publication.
Under the guidance of a mentor, the participant will be involved in the following research activities:
- Opportunity to author or co-author a peer-reviewed scientific paper.
- Network with aquatic ecologists, fisheries biologists, and astacologists.
- Demonstrate and improve quantitative skills and to refine writing skills.
- Learn through research participation about working with the US Forest Service.