Interns will spend 10 weeks at Fermilab working under the direct leadership, guidance, and supervision of Fermilab scientists, engineers, computing professionals, technicians, and staff across all laboratory directorates performing hands-on research. In addition, the cohort will meet with mentors and advisors to grow their professional networks, take part in engaging and inclusive intellectual discussions, directly benefit from the laboratory resources and participate in professional development and social engagement activities.
- Women science and engineering majors from under-represented groups (American Indian/Native, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinos, Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders)
- Academic disciplines: All Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science
- Enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at a U.S. institution of higher education located in the U.S. or its territories
- Juniors and seniors not graduating prior to December 2023
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR)
Applications due March 31. Application and more information can be found here.