Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information, and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Title: R&D Research Internship
Location(s): Arden Hills, MN
Duration: 3 Month Internship (May – August 2023, dates flexible)
Eligibility Requirements: Ability to work in the United States without restriction. This position is for current sophomores and juniors, as well as seniors planning on pursuing a master’s degree.
At Boston Scientific, our agile approach and winning spirit mean that we will treat you as an individual, recognizing that your aspirations and goals are personal to you.
Our Purpose:Our R&D engineers and scientists are tasked with designing and developing innovative, breakthrough next-generation medical devices that improve and extend the lives of patients around the world.
Your Opportunity: As an R&D Research Intern at Boston Scientific, you will…
- Use your problem-solving abilities to perform meaningful engineering work.
- Have opportunities to expand your professional network.
- Grow your skillset through a combination of training, hands-on experience, and mentorship.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Get exposure to what it is like working in a Fortune 500 medical device company.
Your Impact: Examples of meaningful work by R&D Research Interns:
- Designing, and testing prototype devices/algorithms to address clinical feedback.
- Analyzing large clinical databases to inform device design and procedural technique.
- Viewing live and recorded clinical procedures and developing test methods to replicate use.
- Creating AI/ML models using real-world data from patients and implantable cardiac devices
- Pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related STEM field. This position is for current sophomores and juniors, as well as seniors planning on pursuing a master’s degree.
- Preferred experience in analytics, signal processing, and/or machine learning
- Experience with algorithm development for physiologic signals (e.g. classification and/or prediction models)
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Passion to learn new technologies and find new solutions.
About Boston Scientific: Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Our products are used to help diagnose or treat complex diseases and conditions across multiple fields: cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, neurological, urological, and pelvic health.
Science advances when everyone can: At Boston Scientific, diversity is about embracing our increasingly intercultural world and fostering an environment of inclusion, equity, and opportunity for all. Read Beyond Talk: Taking Action to Achieve Meaningful Change to learn more about what we’re doing to address systemic racism and unconscious bias in our workplace and in our communities.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran.