The Minnesota Driftless Chapter of The Prairie Enthusiasts will host the 2023 Prairie Enthusiasts conference at the Treasure Island Resort and Casino near Welch, MN. The conference will take place February 10 and 11.
The conference will feature a poster session, concurrent with a social gathering (with bar) and a fundraiser, from 4:00 – 6:00 on the evening of Saturday, February 11. Please note that poster presentations won’t be limited to research posters; non-research posters are welcome as well.
Call for Poster Abstracts
We seek abstracts from undergraduate students, graduate students, and non-students for research and non-research posters focused on prairies, savannas, oak woodlands, and other fire-dependent ecosystems in the Midwest. Research posters can address completed, current, planned, or proposed research.
- Poster abstracts should include a title, author(s), and contact info for the lead author. The body of the abstract (exclusive of title and author info) should not exceed 200 words
- Poster abstracts should be submitted by January 23, 2023
- Research posters addressing completed or current research should include a title, abstract, author(s) and contact info for the lead author, brief methods, results/discussion, and acknowledgments
- Research posters addressing planned or proposed research should include a title, abstract, and author(s) along with contact info for the lead author
- Non-research posters should include a title, abstract, and author(s) along with contact info for the lead author
- Text, tables, and figures should be readable from 4ft.
- Please maximize the use of figures to tell your story and minimize the amount of text that must be read by poster viewers
- Poster boards will be 3 x 4 ft. (H x W) and posters should be no larger than poster board dimensions
- Clips and tacks to attach posters to the 3 x 4 ft. (H x W) poster boards will be provided
- Posters can only be on display throughout the conference, but poster presenters are asked to be at their posters during the poster session held the evening of February 11.
Please submit abstracts to Jim Rogala by January 23, 2023.