Many Carleton students want to develop new strategies for addressing time management, studying for texts, and study skills in the Carleton environment. Free coaching is available on a number of learning strategies, including
- organizing busy schedules
- breaking term-long assignments into manageable tasks
- improving in-class note-taking and participation
- enhancing your repertoire of approaches to studying
- developing effective test-preparation strategies
Click here to book a remote appointment with Oscar! He’ll email you with details on where and how to connect!
Oscar Alvarez, Academic Skills Coach, is also the Area Director of Watson, Myers, and Faculty Club. Oscar completed his master’s degree at Western Illinois University in College Student Personnel and earned his bachelor’s degree at Iowa State University. During his time at Western Illinois University, he served as an academic adviser and facilitated academic success workshops that covered topics ranging from time management to exam preparation, and from effective studying to strategic notetaking. Oscar’s hobbies include soccer, reading, and movies.