The Art & Art History Department has a long tradition of offering Carleton off-campus study (OCS) programs that visit many parts of the globe. We strongly encourage students to consider the wide variety of possible OCS programs. Most of our majors study off-campus at least once. Some students receive Studio Art or Art History credits from off-campus programs and others pursue interests unrelated to these majors. In addition, we eagerly welcome and encourage non-majors to participate in all the OCS programs we offer.
Off-campus programs sponsored by Carleton (and the ACM) that offer credits toward the Art History and Studio Art majors appear below, but many other programs and direct-enrollment opportunities also exist. Carleton’s Office of Off-Campus Studies provides a very helpful resource with information about a vast range of programs.
Carleton Art & Art History OCS programs
- Studio Art in the South Pacific
- Art Now: Global Contemporary Art and the Mega-Exhibition [Discussion with Faculty Director, Ross Elfline]
- Architectural Studies in Europe
Other Carleton off-campus programs offering major credits:
- Cross Cultural Psychology in Prague
- Spanish Studies in Madrid
- Visions of California: Searching for the Golden State
- French Studies in Paris
ACM off-campus programs offering major credits:
- Chicago: Arts, Entrepreneurship, & Urban Studies
- Florence: Arts, Humanities, & Culture
- London & Florence: Arts in Context