Please reference this page for Frequently Asked Questions about the Class of 2020 Celebration weekend.
Housing, meals, and transportation via designated shuttle are free of charge to all registered class of 2020 alumni.
Each 2020 alumnus is allowed one (1) guest to join them for the whole celebration (Aug. 11-14) for a $250 fee that includes housing, meals, and class item.
The Class of 2020 Celebration Ceremony (Aug. 14) will be free of charge for all attendees.
Housing is included for all 2020 alumni and registered guests. Rooming requests can be made within the registration platform. Please note that while the college makes every effort to honor rooming requests, all individuals must be registered before rooming requests will be honored. If your preference is to not room with someone simply leave the roommate section of the registration blank, we never assign people roommates that have been not previously approved.
Each 2020 alumnus is allowed one (1) guest to join them for the whole celebration (Aug. 11-14) for a $250 fee that includes housing, meals, and class item. That is the guest that you can register through the registration link guest prompt.
The Class of 2020 Celebration Ceremony (August 14) is open to any person (parents, friends, community members, etc.) invited by a 2020 alumnus, space on your registration is provided for an estimated guest count in order to provide accurate catering numbers. These guests do not need to be registered, only a number count provided when prompted in your registration.
Transportation and Shuttles
Shuttles from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport to Campus will be available, reserve a space in the shuttle that is most convenient for your travel plans through the registration. Here are the departure times for each scheduled shuttle:
August 11th, MSP to Campus (drop-off Rec Center Parking Lot)
August 12th, MSP to Campus (drop-off Rec Center Parking Lot)
August 14th, Campus to MSP
Updating your registration
For any updates regarding: housing, Sunday guest count, cap/gown change, swag change. You need to contact the Alumni Relations Office. Any other updates can be done through your registration confirmation link.
Please review the visitor parking information provided by Security Services
Wireless access to the Carleton network is available throughout campus. To log on, select the “Carleton Guest” wireless network. You will be prompted to press the orange “Log In” button, which will connect you to Carleton’s Guest wireless network. This will need to be done separately for each device. Call the ITS Helpdesk x5999 if you need assistance.
We appreciate your cooperation and assistance as we welcome you and your classmates back to campus while focusing on creating an experience that complies with Carleton’s COVID-19 policies. As always, our guiding principle in our planning is to provide for the best alumni experience while prioritizing the health and safety of our Carleton community: alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
Preparation and Tips for Travel
- While we will have some masks available, we recommend you bring your own high-quality masks (such as an N95, KN95, or KF94)with you. You may also want to have a rapid antigen test for your personal use in case you develop symptoms while in Northfield.
- Consider a contingency plan in case you develop COVID-19 or are exposed to the virus traveling to or at the Class of 2020 Celebration. Isolation housing is not available during the weekend.
Class of 2020 Celebration COVID-19 Policies: Vaccination
- All Class of 2020 Celebration attendees attested to being vaccinated—including booster(s), if eligible—when they registered.
Class of 2020 Celebration COVID-19 Policies: Testing
- We strongly encourage all attendees to take a rapid antigen test no more than 24 hours prior to arrival on campus. We recommend that you bring rapid antigen tests for personal use in case you develop symptoms in Northfield.
- Note that testing is not available through Carleton. If you or your guest(s) become symptomatic, plan to use the rapid antigen tests you brought or arrange your own testing.
- Any attendee testing positive for COVID-19 during the weekend must mask, isolate from other attendees, and make arrangements to leave campus promptly.
Class of 2020 Celebration COVID-19 Policies: Masking
- Mask-wearing expectations for attendees will be consistent with Carleton policies in effect at the time of the event. Masks are optional in indoor spaces on campus. As noted above, we recommend bringing a high-quality mask with you, and we will also have a small supply available.
If Carleton’s guidelines change, they will be noted here and on Carleton’s Responding to COVID-19 website.