We appreciate your cooperation and assistance as we welcome you back to campus while focusing on creating an experience that complies with Carleton’s COVID-19 policies. As always, our guiding principle in our planning is to provide for the best alumni experience while prioritizing the health and safety of our Carleton community: alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
Preparation and Tips for Travel
- While we will have some masks available, we recommend you bring your own high-quality masks (such as an N95, KN95, or KF94)with you. You may also want to have a rapid antigen test for your personal use in case you develop symptoms while in Northfield.
- Consider a contingency plan in case you develop COVID-19 or are exposed to the virus traveling to or at CAVE. Isolation housing is not available during the weekend.
CAVE COVID-19 Policies: Vaccination
- All CAVE attendees attested to being vaccinated—including booster(s), if eligible—when they registered.
CAVE COVID-19 Policies: Testing
- We strongly encourage all attendees to take a rapid antigen test no more than 24 hours prior to arrival on campus. We recommend that you bring rapid antigen tests for personal use in case you develop symptoms in Northfield.
- Note that testing is not available through Carleton. If you or your guest(s) become symptomatic, plan to use the rapid antigen tests you brought or arrange your own testing.
- Any attendee testing positive for COVID-19 during the weekend must mask, isolate from other attendees, and make arrangements to leave campus promptly.
CAVE COVID-19 Policies: Masking
- Mask-wearing expectations for attendees will be consistent with Carleton policies in effect at the time of the event. Masks are optional in indoor spaces on campus. As noted above, we recommend bringing a high-quality mask with you, and we will also have a small supply available.
If Carleton’s guidelines change, they will be noted here and on Carleton’s Responding to COVID-19 website.