Carleton alumni bring independence, dedication, and a healthy dose of humor to everything they do. They are creative thinkers who possess the ability to develop innovative solutions to today’s challenging problems.
The Sky’s the Limit
Whether they major in physics or English, Carleton students embark on a variety of career paths. The beauty of a liberal arts education means that you can apply your knowledge and skills to almost any job anywhere. Your Carleton education will help you land your first job — and prepare you to succeed in every stage of your career.
Learn more about the career exploration programs we offer through Carleton’s Career Center.
What are they up to?
We surveyed alumni from the classes of 2016 and 2011 about the place where they currently work. Here’s what we found:
- 20% work in business and finance (6% as consultants, 3% as analysts, and 3% in sales, marketing, or advertising)
- 19% work in education (6% as K-12 classroom teachers, 4% in K-12 but not as classroom teachers, 4% as professors, and 4% in college or universities in other roles)
- 11% work in computing, mostly as software developers and engineers
- 6% are Physicians (and another 5% work in health care but not as physicians)
- 6% work in government or public service, 3% as analysts or urban planners
- 5% are attorneys
- 5% work in communications and media as journalists, editors, and producers
- 4% were scientists
And so on, down the list. In other words… you’ll find Carleton alumni working just about everywhere. Take a look at Pathways to learn more about the paths our alumni take after Carleton.