Skip to main content

Undocumented Students

We consider applications from all students regardless of citizenship, including undocumented and DACA students living in the United States. All admitted students are eligible to be considered for financial aid.

Applying for Admission

Undocumented students should follow the same admissions application procedures as U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents.

Applying for Financial Aid

Undocumented students who need financial assistance must complete just one form:

College Scholarship Service (CSS) Financial Aid PROFILE

Awards for undocumented students come in the form of grants, scholarships, student loan, and a campus employment opportunity. Financial aid is applied to academic-year expenses and generally is not available for travel or summer expenses. Scholarship amounts vary and are based on the need of the individual student. It is important to note that if we cannot meet your demonstrated financial need, we will not offer you admission.

Please note, it is the College’s policy to include student employment as part of its need-based financial aid packages. With the passage of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, every employer in the United States must now check the legal status of all employees (including student employees) hired after November 6, 1986, or face the threat of criminal penalties. For this reason, before a student can be employed by Carleton College and begin working, he or she must complete the I-9 Form and provide the documents that prove identity and eligibility to work in this country. Any student who is not legally permitted to work in the United States will have to decline any student employment offered as part of their need-based financial aid.

Special Note: Undocumented students are not eligible for Federal financial aid and should not complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).